News Updates Wednesday 24th Oct 2018 :
  • Welcome to INPRESSCO, world's leading publishers, We have served more than 10000+ authors
  • Articles are invited in engineering, science, technology, management, industrial engg, biotechnology etc.
  • Paper submission last date of Sept/Oct 2018 extended to 25 Oct 2018, Submit online or at editor.ijcet@inpressco.com
  • Our journals are indexed in NAAS, University of Regensburg Germany, Google Scholar, Cross Ref etc.
  • DOI is given to all articles

The Current Scenario of Hospital Pharmacy Practice in Bangladesh: A Cross Sectional Survey


Author : Debendra Nath Roy, Sheikh Shahriar Rajib, Fahmida Farzana, Sayeman Islam, MD. Mosharraf Hossain, and Debashish Mondol

Pages : 2111-2116
Download PDF
Abstract

Although hospital pharmacists are recognized for its importance as health care provider in many developed countries, in most developing countries it is still underutilized. The aim of the present study was to summarize the current situation of pharmacy practices in five hospitals of Bangladesh and to identify the pharmacist’s roles in these seftap. The study was conducted through convenient sampling method using a well-designed 14-item questionnaire to collect the opinions from the respondents. The results showed that hospital pharmacy service, as a unique department of hospital, existed in 60% of the studied hospitals where activities were done by graduate pharmacists and they were also involved in different departments to provide clinical services to the patients. The rest 40% of the studied hospitals had no hospital pharmacy service. Only a retail drug store inside the hospital was present and there was no diploma or graduate or any pharmacy technician for providing patient care. This study concludes that hospital pharmacy practice is just started in some modern hospitals in Bangladesh which is inaccessible for the majority of peoples.

Keywords: Pharmaceutical care, Good pharmacy practice (GPP), Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee (PTC), Hospital pharmacy, Clinical pharmacist

Article published in International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, Vol.5, No.3 (June-2015)

 

Call for Papers
  1. IJCET- Sept/Oct 2018 Issue

    Submission Last Date
    25 Oct
  2. DOI is given to all articles
  3. Current Issue
  4. IJTT-Dec-2018
  5. IJAIE-Dec-2018
  6. IJCSB-Dec-2018
  • Inpressco Google Scholar
  • Inpressco Science Central
  • Inpressco Global impact factor
  • Inpressco aap

International Press corporation is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
©2010-2018 INPRESSCO® All Rights Reserved